Are you tired of seeing the “Other” storage taking up significant space on your iPhone? It is a common problem faced by iPhone users, and fortunately, it is easy to fix. In this article, we will be sharing with you the steps on how to delete “Other” on iPhone and free up space.
Before we dive into the steps, let us first understand what “Other” storage on an iPhone means. “Other” storage primarily consists of system files, cached data, and app data that cannot be categorized into any other storage category. This category of storage takes up more space than it should, and you might want to clear it out to free up some space.
Now, let us move on to the steps on how to delete “Other” on iPhone:
Step 1: Clear Safari Cache
Clearing your Safari cache can help free up some space. Here is how to go about it:
– Open your Settings app and then navigate to Safari.
– Scroll down to the bottom and tap on “Clear History and Website Data.”
– Tap on “Clear History and Data” on the prompt message.
Step 2: Remove Downloaded files
Knowing how much data is being used by downloaded files is essential in tracking the “Other” storage on your iPhone. Here is how to go about it:
– Open the Files app on your iPhone and go to the Downloads folder.
– Slide left on any file and tap on “Delete.”
– Tap on the “Delete Download” button on the prompt message to confirm.
Step 3: Delete Old Messages
Messages can take up significant space on your iPhone, and deleting old messages can free up some space. Here is how to go about it:
– Open the Messages app and swipe left on any conversation you want to delete.
– Tap on “Delete” and then confirm by tapping on “Delete Conversation.”
Step 4: Delete Unused Apps
Uninstalling apps that you no longer use can free up some space on your iPhone. Here is how to go about it:
– Press and hold on any app on your home screen until the apps start shaking.
– Tap on the “X” on the app you want to delete and then tap on “Delete.”
In conclusion, following the above steps will help you delete “Other” on your iPhone and free up some space. Regularly checking the storage on your iPhone and deleting unnecessary files and apps can go a long way in creating more space for the things that matter to you.